- 1 tablespoon (15mls) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1oz (25g) pasta (broken into small pieces)
- 1 tin (300g) cannellini beans
- 4oz (110g) frozen green vegetables e.g green beans
- 2 medium carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 leek (halved and sliced)
- heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook, stirring constantly over a low heat until softened.
- make the stock cube into a paste using a little water. Pour the paste, tomatoes and two cans worth of water to the saucepan
- increase the heat and bring to the boil.
- drain the cannellini beans in a sieve and rinse with cold water.
- add pasta, cannellini beans and green vegetables to the soup, stir well and bring back to the boil. Coverand simmer for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- ladle into bowls
serve with crusty bread.